Medicine Journey Safety Agreements
- We agree to treat each other and our boundaries with respect.
- We agree to discuss our current state of being and life circumstances and affirm that we are ready for the medicine experience we desire.
- We agree that no touch will be sexual and that all touch will be consensual and decided on in a sober state.
- We agree to check in around feelings of safety if we become anxious or paranoid.
- We agree to be mindful of projections and transference that we place on our medicine experience, the medicine and our guide.
- We agree to not record any of the sessions with audio or video.
- We agree that our experience must only be shared by our guide if suicidality, homocidality, or self-harm are present. All sessions are confidential.
- We agree that confidentiality is maintained if we share mutual connections.
- We agree to only work with clean medicine that is responsibly sourced. We agree to medicines and dosages that we know are physically and psychologically safe for us.
- We agree to a designated location and space and will not leave those boundaries.
- We agree to not drive until sober. A designated driver is necessary if leaving immediately after your medicine experience.
- We agree to make sure you have an emergency contact person written down and available as needed.
- We agree to engage the Spirit Pharmacists services for clarity if we think there are possible contraindications.
- We agree to a cost or trade named and known before the Medicine sessions take place. We agree to pay prior to the services. We agree to follow through on trade or monetary exchange.
- We agree to speak before and after the medicine journey session in order to assess safety and support your intentions and integration.
- We agree to let each other know if sick. We agree to wear a mask as needed. We agree to get a negative covid test before moving forward if exposed to covid-19. So you are aware, I have had two vaccines and a booster.
- We agree that you are voluntarily engaging and assuming all possible risks and will not hold Jai liable.
- We agree to communicate any schedule shifts.
- What other agreements would you like to write down and tell me?
- As a guide, I agree to share my training and expertise and let you know if I think we are not a good fit.
In Denver decriminalizing mushrooms deprioritizes the imposition of criminal penalties on people who are 21 or older for personal use or possession of psilocybin mushrooms and prohibits the City Council of Denver from spending resources to impose criminal penalties on people who are 21 or older for personal use or possession. I am available to keep you safe and provide emotional, mental, spiritual and physical support.
These agreements have been adapted for my purposes from Medicinal Mindfulness Conscious Cannabis Circles.
All photos by Jai Reese